PROFESSOR OF APPLICATIONS OF INFORMATICS TO SPEECH PATHOLOGY
Phone: (+30) 2610 962805
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering (concentration in Perception Signal Modeling and Neural Networks). Tufts University
- Electrical Engineer (post-M.S. degree concentration in Bioelectrical Engineering). Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- M.S. Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (concentration in Communications). Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Diploma Electrical and Computer Engineering (concentration in Electronics and Communications). Democritus University of Thrace
Technology-based tools for intervention; artiﬁcial intelligence systems in diﬀerential diagnosis for speech and language pathology; Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) technology.
- SLT_105 Introduction to Statistics and Computing
- SLT_203 Speech and Hearing Sciences
- SLT_605 Research Methods & Quantitative Methods of Data Analysis
- SLT_701 Technology of Speech, Language & Augmentative Communication
- Interdisciplinary approach to rehabilitation sciences
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS
- Stylios, C. D., Bourgani, E., & Georgopoulos, V. C. (2020). Impact and Applications of Fuzzy Cognitive Map Methodologies. In Beyond Traditional Probabilistic Data Processing Techniques: Interval, Fuzzy etc. Methods and Their Applications(pp. 229-246). Springer, Cham.
- Perdikogianni, M. & Georgopoulos, V.C. (2019). The effects of delayed auditory feedback in dysarthric patients with Parkinson’s disease and stroke. Poster presented at 31st World Congress of the IALP, Taipei, Taiwan, August 19-22.
- Georgopoulos, V.C. & Bokari, F. (2019). Advanced Time-Frequency Analysis and Support Vector Machines for Pathological Voice Detection. Poster presented at 31st World Congress of the IALP, Taipei, Taiwan, August 19-22.
- Georgopoulos, V.C., Rajappa, A.T., Soriano, K., Zeimer, C., Malandraki, G.A. (2019). Feasibility of a Neural Network in Predicting Aspiration Severity Post Supratentorial Stroke. Poster presented at 27th Annual Meeting of the Dysphagia Research Society, San Diego, CA, March 7–9.
- Nanousi, V., Kalogeraki, K., Smyrnaiou, A., Tola, M., & Georgopoulos V.C. (2018): Development of a Multimedia Tool for Short-Term & Perspective Memory in Patients With Dementia. Poster presented at ASHA Convention, Boston, MA, November 15-17.
- Vardaksi M., Gkagkaras C., Alexaki A. & Georgopoulos V.C. (2018): Greek Language Phoneme Production of Adult Migrants With Farsi or Arabic as a Native Language. Poster presented at ASHA Convention, Boston, MA, November 15-17.
- Georgopoulos, V. C., Perdikogianni, M., Mouskenteri, M., Psychogiou, L., Oikonomou, M., & Malandraki, G. A. (2018). Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the SWAL-QoL questionnaire in Greek. Dysphagia, 33(1), 91-99.
- Georgopoulos, V.C., & Stylios, C.D. (2017). Decision Making Using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps in Post-Triage of Non-Critical Elderly Patients. Journal of Bioinformatics and Neurosciences. 3(3), 111-116.
- Malandraki, G. A., Markaki, V., Georgopoulos, V. C., Psychogios, L., & Nanas, S. (2016). Postextubation Dysphagia in Critical Patients: A First Report From the Largest Step-Down Intensive Care Unit in Greece. American Journal of Speech-Language Pathology, 25(2), 150-156.
- Georgopoulos, V. C., Stylios, C. D., Kambanaros, M., & Malandraki, G. A. (2016). Online Decision Support for Speech & Language Pathology Assessment and Rehabilitation of Individuals with Multiple Needs. In XIV Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 2016 (pp. 1303-1307). Springer International Publishing.
- Georgopoulos, V. C., & Stylios, C. D. (2015). Supervisory Fuzzy Cognitive Map Structure for Triage Assessment and Decision Support in the Emergency Department. In Simulation and Modeling Methodologies, Technologies and Applications (pp. 255-269). Springer International Publishing.
- Stylianou, A. & Georgopoulos V.C. (2015). DAF Stuttering Remediation on Hearing Impaired Adult with Severe Stuttering & Mild Intellectual Disability. Presented at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association’s (ASHA) 2015 annual convention in Denver, Colorado, (November 12-14).
Citations Profile at Scholar Google: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=1Rbv0LsAAAAJ
Citations Profile at SCOPUS: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=6701310888