ASSISTANT PROFESOR, SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY:DEVELOPMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
Phone : (+30) 2610 962806
Email : email@example.com
- Doctor of Philosophy, Department of Human Communication Sciences, University of Sheffield (2016)
- Master of Sciences in Human Communication, University of London, University College London (2004)
- Bachelor in Speech & Language Therapy, Department of Speech & Language Therapy, Technological Educational Institute of Patras (2001)
- 2016–2020: Technical Laboratory Staff Member, Department of Speech and Language Therapy, University of Patras
- 2017–2019, 2004–2014: Adjunct Instructor, Department of Speech and Language Therapy, Technological Educational Institute of Western Greece
- 2006–2016: Speech Therapist, Special Education Units, Greek Ministry of Education
- 2001–2006: Speech Therapist, Private practice SLT
- Speech processing development in typically developing Greek-speaking children and children with speech and/ or language difficulties
- Morphophonological development
- Intervention delivery for children with developmental disorders of speech, language and communication
- Γερονίκου, Ε (υπό έκδοση) Αξιολόγηση διαταραχών ομιλίας στο Μ. Καμπανάρου Σύγχρονα θέματα Λογοθεραπείας / Αξιολόγηση και διάγνωση, Εκδόσεις Γκότσης, Πάτρα
- Geronikou, E., Traga, E., & Xoli, L. (2022- online). Speech processing and short term memory skills in preschoolers: Evidence from Greek-speaking children with and without speech sound disorders. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 1-19.
- Babatsouli, E., & Geronikou, E. (2022). Phonological delay of segmental sequences in a Greek child’s speech. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 36(7), 642-656.
- Geronikou, E., Kimoglou, M., & Roussou, P. (2022). The integrity of underlying phonological representations of Greek-speaking children with speech sound disorders. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 36(2-3), 260-275.
- Geronikou, E., & Terzi, A. (2022). Comprehension of non-canonical sentences by Greek-speaking children: Developmental and clinical aspects. In International Symposium on Monolingual and Bilingual Speech 2022 (p. 21).
- Geronikou, E., Vance, M., Wells, B., & Thomson, J. (2020). Phonology, morphology and speech processing development in Greek-speaking children. Clinical Linguistics & Phonetics, 34(5), 431-452.
- Geronikou, E., Vance, M., Wells, B., & Thomson, J. M. (2019). The case for morphophonological intervention: Evidence from a Greek-speaking child with speech difficulties. Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 35(1), 5-23.
- Geronikou, E., Michou, E., & Kyriazis, V. (2019). Narrative skills of bilingual school-aged English-Greek children’s: preliminary results. In E. Babatsouli (ed.), Proceedings of the International Symposium on Monolingual and Bilingual Speech 2019 (pp. 45-51). ISBN: 978-618-82351-3-7.
- Geronikou, E. (2018). Morphologically relevant speech processing skills in Greek typically and atypically developing children. In E. Babatsouli (Ed), Cross linguistic Research in Monolingual and Bilingual Speech, pp 110-128, ISMBS, Chania, Greece.
- Geronikou, E., & Rees, R. (2016). Psycholinguistic profiling reveals underlying impairments for Greek children with speech disorders. Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 32(1), 95–110.