Primary Health Care Laboratory
The Primary Health Care Laboratory is established within the Department of Speech and Language Therapy – School of Health Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Patras, with the aim to address and cover the educational and research needs of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. The main goal of the Laboratory is to conduct and achieve high quality interdisciplinary research on issues related to primary health care.
The Laboratory’s primary goals are:
- To cover the educational and research needs of the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs primarily of the Department of Speech and Language Therapy but of other Departments as well within the University of Patras, dealing with topics that are under the Laboratory’s scientific interests.
- To develop teaching programs and conduct basic and applied research in disciplines related to primary health care.
- To achieve and enhance research collaboration among research centers and academic institutions in Greece and abroad, provided that the scientific objectives coincide, are compatible and complementary to those of the Laboratory.
- To organize scientific lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences and other scientific events, pursue publications of scientific articles and invite Greek and worldwide renowned scientists.
- Service Provision
- The Laboratory consists of the following units:
(a) Health promotion and health education unit,
(b) Rehabilitation unit,
(c) New health services technologies unit,
(d) Disease prevention and management unit